Learn to care for your bike and keep repair costs to a minimum. Clinics are on designated Saturdays each month from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. You do not need to bring your bike for this clinic. Classes are free and offered in our shop. Topics covered include:
- Cleaning your bike frame
- Cleaning and lubing your drivetrain
- Components of the drivetrain
- How to change a flat tire
- Recognizing bike tire wear
- Choosing the right tire
This comprehensive 4 week course on bike tune-ups will focus on a significant aspect of what makes the bicycle function at its best. Participants will gain a practical level of knowledge and mechanical skills, not to mention some dirty hands. Topics covered include:
- Wheels, including cassette/freewheel removal and installation, spoke replacement
- Bearings, including removal/installation of headsets and bottom brackets
- Brakes, including setup/installation of brake pads, cables and housing
To inquire about schedule send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commuter Clinic is a great way to get ready for a safe bicycle commute. We’ll talk about riding in traffic, preparing for your ride and choosing a route. Plus, we’ll show you great bikes and gear to get you ready to ride. See our schedule of events for future clinics.
This presentation focuses on the format, basic rules and etiquette of group riding and pacelining. Following the presentation our instructors will work with you outside on your bike. We’ll focus on how to ride in a paceline, handling and cornering, with and without obstacles in the road. See our schedule of events for future clinics.