The Bike Rack is the only bicycle shop in DC to include free lifetime adjustments for all bicycles purchased from our stores. Adjustments include derailleur, brake, and cockpit adjustments for the lifetime of the bicycle, for the original owner. For more information, give us a call or visit one of our shops.
Our Labor Guarantee
All service work at The Bike Rack is guaranteed for 30 days after your repair, and all new products are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
When our mechanics handbuild a custom wheel for you, we guarantee that wheel build for the life of the rim, including any spoke replacements that may be necessary.* Rims and hubs are guaranteed against defects in craftsmanship based on their manufacturer’s warranty.
We are committed to offering the best solution for any of your cycling needs. If a purchase does not meet your need or if it is defective we can offer you a refund, a warranty exchange or a store credit. Please follow the guidelines listed below when returning any item(s) to The Bike Rack.
Parts and accessories
- Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase.
- Receipt must be present at time of return.
- Refunds will be issued in the form in which the item(s) was purchased. In-store credit is available for all returns.
- In-store credit will be issued on all non-stocking Special Orders. A restocking fee of up to 25% may be withheld.
- In-store credit will be issued on gifts being returned without a receipt.
- Returns must be in “as-new”, “sellable” condition and have all original packaging materials.
- No returns on closeout or sale items.
- No returns on gift card/gift certificate purchases.
- We spend a lot of time ensuring that each bike we sell is the correct type, size, and fit for every customer. All bicycles sales are final, once a bike leaves the shop it is considered “used” and by DC law, we cannot re-sell the bike.
- Labor, delivery, and/or installation services.
- Consumable items like food, drink, batteries, CO2 cartridges, etc.
- Helmets and apparel returns are at staff discretion.
- Items that are damaged or abused.
- Items that are missing accessories, parts, etc.
- Etched or otherwise personalized items such as custom wheels, frames, paint jobs, etc.
- Opened computer software and GPS units can be exchanged for the identical item but cannot be returned for a refund.
- Donated items.
Employees of The Bike Rack reserve the right to deny any return. Please note that manufacturer warranties are separate from The Bike Rack return policy. For any questions regarding our return policy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 202.387.BIKE (2453).
*We build our wheels with durable brass nipples unless otherwise requested by the customer. Due to the inherent fragility of aluminum alloy nipples and their tendency to corrode over time, if customers request a wheel that’s built with alloy nipples the warranty is limited to six months from time of delivery.