BIKE RACK MULTISPORT TEAM
Bike Rack Multisport believes individual athletes are motivated to perform better and have more fun as part of a committed, energized group. The team is a visible presence in Washington, DC, respected for our competitiveness, active member participation, and engagement in the multisport community. We aim to increase the quality and engagement of team membership through active and enthusiastic participation in team activities and promotion of our sponsors through proudly and consistently wearing our kits in training and racing.
We are a team and community of multisport athletes, competing in triathlons, duathlons, and other endurance races in the greater DC and Mid-Atlantic region. Our mission is to:
- Build and strengthen a competitive but inclusive team atmosphere;
- Promote the multisport lifestyle in the Washington, D.C., Metro area by providing endurance athletes with an approachable, cohesive community in which to train, compete, and socialize;
- Attract and retain dedicated members of all competition levels, abilities, and backgrounds;
- Support our teammates in their pursuit of personal fitness and multisport goals; and
- Maintain a competitive presence in area triathlons, duathlons, and other multisport events and series.
The team was founded in late 2008 as a racing outlet for friends of the shop. Over the 2009 and 2010 seasons, the team grew to become an independently-run organization with an elected Board of Directors, retaining The Bike Rack as the team’s title sponsor. With the Board’s direction, the 2010 and 2011 seasons were a huge success. The team directly supported local races such as the Washington DC and Nation’s Triathlons; as well as assisting with the Washington DC Triathlon Tri Clinic Series and providing members in support of the Achieve Kids Tri Camp. BRM’s presence in the DC triathlon community has grown and become a well-recognized part of the community.
Interested in renting a wetsuit for your next triathlon? Learn more