Join the Team
Responsibilities involve greeting customers, assisting customers with their needs in bicycle and accessories sales, opening and/or closing duties and stocking the sales floor. All staff must demonstrate a desire to provide excellent customer service and a strong willingness to learn new skills and techniques. Candidates must have weekend hours available. Full and part-time positions.
Interested? Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Marketing and Events Manager
We are looking for a Community/Marketing/Events Manager, an experienced digital marketing strategist and community builder, to join The Bike Rack team. You will use traditional and digital marketing strategies to help us grow our business. You will identify needs and new opportunities and aspire to increase brand awareness.
If you have a passion for communicating and a tech-savvy trendsetter who has innovative ideas to improve customer experience, and love talking with people – we would like to meet you. For this position, you should be creative, comfortable working with a team but also comfortable taking your ideas and running with them. Ultimately, you should be able to effectively connect our brand with our online customers.
Digital Marketing – 40%
- Set digital marketing strategies using all necessary tools (e.g. website, emails, social media and blogs)
- Research products, services and current strategies to identify new opportunities
- Analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to boost web presence
- Monitor SEO/SEM, marketing and sales performance metrics to forecast trends
- Build strong clients relationships through social media interaction
- Keep up-to-date with our audience’s preferences and proactively suggest new campaigns
- Identify advertising needs
- Establish best practices in digital marketing
- Stay up-to-date with digital technologies developments
Events – 20%
- Work with owner and staff to manage events, rides and clinics
- Liaise with partners and greater community to develop new events
- Evaluate event’s success and review status for future events
Sales – 40%
- The Community Manager will be required to work at each of our two locations once a week
- Responsibilities involve greeting customers, assisting customers with their needs in bicycle and accessories sales, opening and/or closing duties, stocking the sales floor.
- All staff must demonstrate a desire to provide excellent customer service and demonstrate a strong willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
- Solid knowledge of online marketing tools and best practices
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Strong team management and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years digital experience
- Experience with bikes
- Experience working in the DC business community
- Working conditions You must be comfortable working in non-traditional working environments, including travelling between our two locations.
- $40,000 – $50,000 commensurate with experience