Meet Nick Kwasigroch, Sales Manager at our Brookland shop.
Nick is also The Bike Rack’s Apparel Buyer, making sure DC cyclists are well-dressed whether commuting, racing, or riding a bicycle built for two. He has also designed kits for The Bike Rack teams. Read more in this month’s Ticker 10 staff spotlight!
1. What’s your first bike memory?
“Riding my BMX to park and hitting every dirt jump possible.”
2. Do you have a favorite bike to ride?
“My Surly Straggler. It’s a Swiss Army knife.”
3. Why DC?
“Love. My wife’s career brought us out East.”
4. What do you love about your job?
“My absolute favorite part of my job the last eight years has been meeting people from all over the world.”
5. What’s your favorite place to ride?
“Everywhere! I love that my bike takes me everywhere and I don’t have to be in a car.”
6. What are you listening to in the shop?
“Van Halen – 1984.”
7. What do you do beyond work and biking?
“I love graphic design. I’ve designed cycling kits for some of the local teams and it’s pretty awesome seeing those on the podiums at the races. I’m also a father of two wonderful children.”
8. What trends do you see in biking?
“Button up shirts and bib shorts.”
9. What’s your favorite bar tape color?
10. Number one pro tip for bikers.